Monday, November 9, 2015

Proctast................

Oh, hey there sorry this took so long... But you know how it is: naps to take, paint to watch dry, you know life.   I'm pretty sure that you know what a procrastinator is, heck you probably have a loved on in your life that drives you nutty with the crap.  But as I've set the precedent with the previous post, let's just keep with the routine.  It may help me get through this in a more timely fashion:

  • pro·crast·inat·or
    • ˈproh-kras-tuh-neyt-or, pruh-/
      • nouna person who delays or puts things off — like work, chores, or other actions — that should be done in a timely manner. A procrastinator is likely to leave all the Christmas shopping until December 24th. Procrastinator comes from the Latin verb procrastinare, which means deferred until tomorrow.

Our creed should be: "Why do today what you can put of 'til tomorrow?"  You know we waited until the last possible moment to even get that far.  We would've had a coat of arms or crest for our club, but that OITNB marathon on Netflix was not gonna wait any longer.

I am more than able to get things done in a timely manner, but I don't have that, shall we say, "fire in my belly" that moves me to want to go about things in an urgent (timely) manner.  My life could be TONS easier and I could possibly coast through more than I do now, I could also take that time and get some of other productive things done (side gig, blogging, finishing/starting new crafts), or I could take all that left over time and still do what I did when I was procrastinating.    But somehow I can't find it in myself to get past my need to not do it right now.  I will finish other things that I didn't want to do in order to get out of what I should be doing. How bad is that? Matter of fact I'm writing this instead of working on my other post (Outgoing Introvert)... I know I really need to get my life together.

If you do more searches on the web for additional info on procrastination you will see articles and blurbs that discuss the "possible" causes or the root of the problem... Everything from anxiety, shame, perfection issues, etc.  Ehh, I think that mine comes down to when I don't want to do something I'll put it off to the very last possible moment; and then the only reason that I'm probably doing the "thing" is that I don't want to hear someone else's mouth about it.

Dammit!   I'm an adult, I should have a better grasp of moving at the speed of life.  Yet and still, I move at the pace of a turtle with arthritis.  So if anyone is looking to part with some motivation, mojo, action juice,  whatever you want to call it, please let me know I'm in the market to acquire some.... at some point.  ;0)

'Til next time:  Keep swimming or you'll go belly up! *^_^*

No comments:

Post a Comment