Tuesday, November 3, 2015

30 Days of Thanksgiving 2015: Day 3

30 Days of Thanksgiving 2015

Day 3

I'm thankful for the sound of music

Yeah, yeah, I'm glad for the musical/movie too, but I was specifically talking about the "sound" of music. The way it hits my ear drums, brain, heart, feelings.  Music can drive me to manic heights of joy, depressive lows of pain and loss, and every imaginable stop in-between.  I saw this meme and it is so perfect for me:
This is the honest truth...my truth.  There are times in my life when I can't rub two words together to form a coherent thought to express myself properly but I guarantee you that I can find a song that will get my point across.

In college I started making mix tapes, and then on to playlists, that were entire conversations within themselves.  I can go back and listen to those and know exactly where I was (physically/emotionally/mentally) when I was putting it together. Which on one hand is a beautiful priceless thing, but on the flip can bring me down to the depths of despair with the playing of a chord.

This time of year I'm normally well in to my morose period of the year, Bunn calls it my "Darcy" period... I'll have to tell you about that later it is a story unto itself.  Well I decided that I was going to do better about my state of mind and mental health and not take myself to those places on purpose and then songs like this happen:


This jewel is the type of song that gets put on replay for hours (and has and is currently happening in my AKGs as I type this) while I lay on the floor, bed, couch and listen with my eyes closed.  It speaks to a place in my heart that I can't even begin to tell you about.  Songs like this help get me thru life.  Songs that touch me like this, help me be me.

1 comment:

  1. I listened to and watched this the other day. It was unexpected but beautiful. It easily speaks to a moment in many adults lives. #heartbreaker

    ReplyDelete