Friday, November 20, 2015

30 Day of Thanksgiving 2015: Day 19

30 Day of Thanksgiving 2015

Day 19

I'm thankful for my 1st world problems


With all of the violence and unnecessary death that is happening around the globe this week, it makes me sad for the innocents caught in the middle and it makes me thankful for my "1st world" problems.




Attacks in Beirut, Lebanon on 11/12/2015

240 injured: 43 dead









Attacks in Paris, France on 11/13/2015

325 injured: 130 dead









Attack in Yola, Nigeria on 11/17/2015

80 injured: 34+ dead






Attack in Kano, Nigeria on 11/18/2015

123+ injured: 15 dead




Updated to include:



Attack in Bamako, Mali on 11/20/2015

170 taken hostage: 2 injured: 27 dead













List of terrorist incidents worldwide thus far in 2015


I know that I take for granted that I have food at my house, electricity to light the darkness and drive off the cold, money for life and issues as they arise.  I can get so "in a rut" that I can take these and numerous other blessings for granted and start to complain about the "shit" going on in my life.  But the worry that faces the people in the places listed above and countless others in the 2nd & 3rd world doesn't even begin to cross my mind:

  • Will someone kill me for my beliefs
    • or their beliefs for that matter
  • Will someone blow themselves or me up while I'm at the store
  • Will someone plant an explosive device in the parking lot of my house/apt or job
Before you close your eyes after this please give out in the universe a thought/prayer/word for those that violence has affected and thanks that today it wasn't you.

No comments:

Post a Comment